Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Goodbye to my conure flock



Last week, my conure flock finally broke up. Two were sold separately, two sent to our nearby store, and the last two - Jack and Lola - went together to a regular customer, where I know they're going to be very spoiled. I heard from Tango's new owner recently, he's settled in wonderfully and is happily making mess in a brand new place now!


Nice as it is they've found new homes, I miss them terribly. They were with me so long I knew all their quirks and personalities, and it still makes me sad when I swing the doors open in the morning expecting to hear a happy chorus of conure screams greeting me. Still, I can't take them all home personally, and so I have to practice getting better at goodbyes.


Hand-raised birds are awfully quiet the last few weeks. I've just got one Rainbow Lorikeet and a hand-tame blue Quaker, my Birdroom seems very empty right now. I did some trimming of hibiscus bushes and took some branches in for the kids, so here's some of the aviary residents with the new furnishings.


Cinnamon pied Kakariki taking a nibble


Just a nice lined-up shot of the grass parrots. Up on the purple boing is a Rosa Bourke, then down on the main perch - Elegant, Lutino Elegant, Elegant, two Bourkes, Scarlet-Chested, Pink Bourke, Scarlet, and a Turquoise hiding behind the butterfly toy.


One of my favourite aviary birds, a handsome young male Palehead Rosella.


And a final goodbye photo for my Conure Kids. Sammi sticks his big beak into the camera lens, while sibling Sandi tests the new branches chewability, with Tango in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment