Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hellos vs Goodbyes

A bit of a surprise for the birdroom - Tango is back with us! He was being very naughty for his new owners, after deciding he was boss bird and getting very pushy and bitey, so, we took him back. A short while of handling with me and he quickly remembered his manners! He needs a little one on one work to enforce good behaviour, but it won't take him long. He's got a new friend in the form of a baby Sun from my local breeder, a little guy I named Foxtrot, Foxy for short :D They are getting along well, although I think Tango does miss his old buddies, Jack who he lived with for longest while at the Birdroom, and Lola, whom he had a little conure-crush on! But now when I walk in in the morning, there's a familiar conure screech calling hello.


Otherwise I have my hands full with a bunch of lorikeets - two Musks, a Scaly, Red-Collar and a Rainbow. There's also a very grumpy hand-tame blue Quaker parrot, which are notorious for not getting along with other birds, so during playtime I have to watch him like a hawk. Huh, that might be a good name for the little grump!


If it's not too busy (and there are no visiting regional managers to spot me!) I'll smuggle my camera in tomorrow and get a few photos :)



No comments:

Post a Comment