Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lunch with Alex

Firstly I didn't smuggle in the camera... no photos yet!


Today I spent my lunch with Alex, the new Alexanrine. He happily shared my bowl of noodles, then climbed down to the table and investigated all the odds and ends there. Watching slyly as I unwrapped my cake (It was a sponge cake), he then made a mad dash at it, grabbed a beakful, and walked backwards with it, looking triumphant. Funnily enough he showed no interest in my pack of Rollo chocolates - if he had I wouldn't have let him eat that since chocolate can prove toxic to birds - as if he knew he wasn't allowed. He was happy to play with the paper wrapped though!


Alex also met the young boy Archie today. Archie wasn't too friendly and mainly ignored the bigger bird, but Alex was quite interested in him, once even picking up the end of his tail and nibbling it, as if he thought Archie might be offering it to him as a toy! Though they got along well they are still housed separately, it being best to give male Alexandrines their own space.


I've also undertaken a mission to convince the shop to buy a couple of macaws! Who knows if I'll actually be successful, but you have to start somewhere!


Photos up next post :D

No comments:

Post a Comment