Thursday, September 1, 2011

Double Alexandrine blast

Today I got lots of photos!

This is Alex:



He makes for entertaining poses :D

And this is Archie!


As you can see, Archie is a big fan of baths. He jumped in when he saw the Kakariki having a bath in the blue dish, although somehow, he managed his without wetting his head feathers at all! Here he is with Heebie the Scaly Lorikeet:

And here's Heebie with Jeebie, throwing out a beakful of his wet nectar mix!



Back to Alex and Archie, they found a budgie toy that proved a little too entertaining this afternoon...


Alex had it first (He is 'top bird' and he gets toys before Archie :))

Archie quickly noticed and quietly sidled over to see if Alex would share...

"Pleeeeeease, Alex?"


"This... is not what I had planned." Alex ran to the other side of the cagetop to aviod Archie, but as he did so, he managed to flip the ring up and drop it over his neck! I had to put my camera down to rescue him. :D I admit I may have laughed at him for a little bit... his expression was so baffled, it was priceless!

"Haha! Now' it's mine!" - Archie swooped in when Alex stayed warily back, and grabbed it from himself. Two minutes later he dropped it over his neck as WELL and I had to go and rescue him, at which point i told them the toy was not suitable for Alexes, and hid it away!


Alexnadrines... nothing but trouble!

Oh - my quest for Hahn's macaws was met with a no... for now! I'll keep trying :D




No comments:

Post a Comment