Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hello Ollie, Goodbye to Georgie and Jade...

Sad goodbyes today - my big gorgeous girl Georgie went off to her new home. She'll get lots of attention and love, I know, but I will miss seeing that big yellow crest shoot up. She certainly kept everyone - staff, customers, and I like to think even the other birds - laughing with her antics!


Jade the young Alexandrine was sold today too. Ruby is doing well in her absence, and showing no signs of fretting. Alexes tend to be more independent for the most part, unlike some Loris and Conures that really acclimatize to cagemates and don't like being split up.


Got another new boy in - Ollie the Sun Conure. So far he is settling well, he came out for a short playtime in the afternoon when most of the other birds were back in their cages. He approached a couple of customers and had some cuddles, so I was pleased with his outgoing persona. So far he's living separately to Red and Mango - we'll see how they go in the next few days at playtime. While previous Sunnies I've had have all lived peacefully in the same cage (These guys spring to mind) I tend to suspect Mango might be a bit jealous of Ollie and be snappy with him over Red, though I think she'll be fine with him. Still, we shall see!

Ollie the Sun Conure.


While on the topic, here's one of Mango and Red at lunchtime!


Deviating to a new breed - here's the Green Cheek Conures, Trouble and Trinity, snuggling and dozy after a bath!


Trouble - laying claim to the entire water bowl, thankyou very much!


I got some good photos of Copper, the new Pineapple Green Cheek, today as well.

This one has to be my favourite - this is him faceplanting off a two-centermete-high toy :P Silly boy!


Okay, clearly he is a lot more regal than the last photo would have you believe!


Snackability test!


On to the Lorikeets! I named the Lutino Red Collar Lani, which is Hawaiian for 'sky'.


Lani and Jazz!


Contagious grooming session; one begins, they all start!


During a moment Trouble didn't have the bowl staked out, Ruby takes a swim!


Last week I redecorated the Birdroom wall - the powers that be decided my old posters were too tired and old... so I found some shiny new ones!


That's all for tonight. Hope everyone had a great weekend, and you and your birds have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment