Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

A VERY busy day for the Birdroom and the store alike this Sunday! Apparently, everybody wanted to shop for their pets this Father's Day :D The birds got very impatient with me when I didn't feed and deliver salad (fruit and vegies chopped up) until 2 in the afternoon! Sometimes it's difficult to keep to their schedule, and they just have to be a bit patient.

We have three new lorikeets, a Lutino (yellow) Scaly, A Rainbow and a very sweet little Red-collar. I love baby loris at that uncoordinated stage! Heebie and Jeebie, who I'm quite surprised are still with us, being such nice little lorikeets, flipped out! This was their first time out on the playgyms all together, and it was like Heebie and Jeebie didn't even realize the other three were Lorikeets! At first they kept as far away from the new birds as possible before I broke up the nerves with some nectar mix, and they all shared a little.


Archie has gone to his new home, where I hope he'll have an easier time settling down. Alex is still with us and we are looking at the possibility of him becoming the store mascot and staying at Petbarn - at this stage I'm still assessing his temperament to check that not only will everyone be happy with him, but that he will be happy with the situation. Some birds prefer to be handled by a small amount of people and others will willingly go to anyone friendly and Alex falls somewhere between the two from what I've seen - I'll keep you posted!


In the meantime, the Birds and I wish all the Dads out there a very Happy Father's Day weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment